HMMF For Honda CVT Special Oil
Honda CVT JUDDER Trouble How to FiX GD1 FIT CIVIC ,,,,,and so on
All you need is these tools
For my case.
* 2 boxes for ATF oil deisposal (I will change oil 2times)
* ratchet wrench 9.5m/m or 3/8 size
* Heat and oil resistant gloves
* Oil Jar any size for 3.4litter
There are 2 steps for fixing Honda Judder problem.
1. Change ATF oil to Special oil called HMMF oil. I paid 40US for 4litter can. And cheange oil 2times. The first is for flashing old oil. My case, this fit has a very small Judder, so 1 time change should be enough, but I recommend 2times if judder is a big one. This time I changed 2times for a perfect result.
2. Adjusting ATF settings.
Ok Lets Start,
The first, for a smooth “ATF Oil” removal, Drive car for a white to warm “ATF Oil”
Using ratchet wrench, remove the drain pan , and oil goes off from the drain pan.
The Oil is heated, very hot, so I used Heat and oil resistant gloves for a safe.
Also, when loose the oil pan, a oil-gauge-stick is remain inserted(not pull stick off this stage), so that oil drops slowly. After a while, pull a oil-gauge-stick off and oil goes off from a drain like water. And leave it for about 20mins, put a new Hmmf oil 3.4litter for the case of GD1 FIT.
the oil pan Position is here
the oil pan Position is here + Close look
Using ratchet wrench 9.5m/m or 3/8 size Rotate toward backward as in picture. And oil start leaking,
Please use Glove to protect your skin as oil may be very hot and your hand keep clean.
Oil start dropping into a Disposal box; Leave it about 20min or until completly dropping
Drain pan – It was dirty but cleaned
Then, the Oil pan goes back to the place where it was.
Using funnel and Oil Jar put oil 3.4litter for GD1 Fit.
Now To reset CVT timming , needing adjustment and the explanation page is here.